A note to past members
Please note that past members must purchase membership through one of the links below in order to register and log in to the new website.
Life members, individuals who have paid by cheque, and those who purchased their 2020 membership through the old website should have received an email inviting them to log in to the new site. If you have not received any email or if you encounter any issues, please contact email@example.com
Membership in the CAS is open to all those engaged in the field upon payment of the annual membership fee. Special rates are available for professors emeriti and students (see below).
Benefits of membership
- annual subscription to Canadian Slavonic Papers/Revue canadienne des slavistes, the official organ of the Canadian Association of Slavists. CSP/RCS is devoted to problems of Central and Eastern Europe. It is a forum for scholars from a range of disciplines: language and linguistics, literature, history, political science, sociology, economics, anthropology, geography, and the arts. This is the only interdisciplinary scholarly outlet for Slavists in Canada and one of the major journals in the field in North America. Members receive both a hard copy of the journal and electronic access.
- eligibility to submit manuscripts to Canadian Slavonic Papers/Revue canadienne des slavistes for possible publication
- subscription to the annual CAS Newsletter, featuring news about members’ activities
- subscription to the CSP/RCS e-mail list-serv, which provides news and information to members throughout the year
- access for graduate student members to the Graduate Student Corner
- eligibility to participate in our annual conference, held in conjunction with the Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences’ annual Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences. In 2020, CAS will host the 10th ICCEES World Congress at Concordia University in Montreal. Please join us for our conference there!
- Reduced registration fees for the annual conference
Members may also join our affiliated association, the Canadian Association of Ukrainian Studies.
2020 Membership fees are as follows:
*Two members receive a single copy of Canadian Slavonic Papers.
**Colleagues and graduate students from Eastern Europe, please contact our editorial office before paying at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
***Dual membership in the CAS and the CAUS (the Canadian Association for Ukrainian Studies) provides all of the above benefits, in addition to an annual subscription to East/West: Journal of Ukrainian Studies. Please add $20 (regular) / $5 (student) / $10 (Emeritus/Under-employed) in Canada / US $20 (regular) / $5 (student) / $10 (Emeritus/Under-employed) to your CAS membership dues.
If you would prefer to pay by cheque, please download and complete the CAS Membership Form linked below.
Please send completed forms along with payment to the address provided.